Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

LONELINESS: Whispers of good times.


I have been seated for barely 10 minutes and various ideas of what to do had crossed my mind. Take a stroll, see a movie or just gist with folks around.
As I settled down to do one thing, this feeling that it won't work crawls into me and I'd quickly abandon it trying to pick on something else.
This went on for a while before I finally decided to tell myself the truth, I'm lonely.
It's not the first time I have decided to keep to myself. The kind of feelings that consumes your spirit when you just think something isn't right and you need to figure it out.
Now, it appears to me that all the while, life had been spent following strict rules of an unwritten time table. Right from when one wakes up till it's time to go back to bed; we're pleased with our well utilised day plans and schedule. This one feeling guides our life until we get used to the routine.
Along the way, a crucial part of our over-beaten routine falls out; like, loss of job, a friend's absence or even the company of one we are fond of and then our journey back into memory lane begins.
You'd struggle to figure out where the problem is and lucky enough, we get to identify it but not readily find a solution to it.
The depth of this emptiness varies and it explains why different people take to different approaches to annul this biting feeling. Some just resort to drinking and/or smoking it over; some sleep while some try to dig into memorial archive to see if a replacement could be found.
It is at this point, we get to appreciate the significance of certain things we gloss over when things seemed right. We get marvelled at the 5 minutes we spend with the gate-man (who is no more) when we just return from work. The last minute gists with particular colleagues before the close of business, and other little things that we got used to trying to while away time.
The truth about this whole thing is time eventually heals everything. We get to overcome the effect of that missing component but we never fail to make the same mistake over and over. We always get so used to certain things or people that we find it very hard to adjust when they aren't there anymore.
Not everybody openly admits they feel this way. Some are either too arrogant or just fake.
In any case, if you feel this way or have felt this way at one time before, you are not alone.
It is something I call Loneliness and all you have to savour is the whispering of the good old times.
Why won't they just come back because, I AM LONELY.
Would you share my time?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails