Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

LOVE LETTER: UNEDITED OLD CLASSIC

There are times I get to ask myself if my real intention is to be a social critic, freelance blogger or a love stricken writer.

Whatever it is that I am or would be, time will tell.

We all must have at one time or the other had things to do with love letters. In those days, they were always ended with, YES or NO; underline one.
The unlucky one always had the girl reporting to a teacher with the letter, yawa don gas!

While looking through my archive, I saw one of the letters I wrote to a girl I was (maybe still) willing to give everything in exchange for her love.

Reading such piece now didn’t fail to amuse me.

I was amused because of things I wrote and also trying to rethink to see if I would have written the same kind of letter now, to any girl.

Then I made up my mind to share this with you all, it surely is an old classic because it did magic all round.

I still respect the girl wherever she is and wish her well.

Here is the Love letter as I sent it then, way back…..


@Bit,

As things are, we both have to go on.

That’s one obvious truth that should be told.

I had you once but you slipped.

Again, I had you with better and stronger hopes, and now, you are slipping.

Does this not tell you why I held on so tight over a little period?

I am a man; I will always fight like one.

That part of me that held your memory for that long and still holds it is the most sincere part of me.

I had loved you when nothing was up for grab and then, I fought hard to get you ‘cos what were at stake for me were the innocence of mind, purity of intentions and the tenderness of love.

Today, like yesterday and always, the heavens and the earth would witness my love for you.

I agree with every argument you raised; I probably would've felt the same way for my daughter, sister or niece as it may apply. “Once bitten”, they say, “twice shy”. I would never stand to see you bitten one more time.

I have prayed to God to make you a woman I would always love and preserve my love for. I have also told him to bring you to see the sincerity in my love for you and make you love me.

I have never been in a rush to get things done. I, as a matter of fact, would not pick such a salient issue without taking a careful look at it.

I have battled several days and night waiting for your calls to come, if only to say hi! I have forced tears back, but the stubborn ones took their turn and forced me to the hospital.

I have brought in friends from far and wide. India, UK, Nigeria and even a Turkish is willing to have her say! I have shown my readiness to combat every fear you nursed. If now, I have chosen to wait on the Lord to have His way; I should be fairly judged.

It pains my heart to tell you all these but I have to.


I probably would have stood a better chance if I was also in the US. If every other version of love bow to distance, words of discouragement or even the depth of the sea, mine would stand the test of time for YOU.

Take your time, just as you have told me to take mine; the only addition here is that I would wait for you for as long as you need to make a final decision.

This is one thing I have specially asked of God. If His mercies would continue to be boundless as always, WE SHALL MEET AGAIN AT THE END OF THESE LONG TRYING TIMES.

Once in a while, if your kind heart would permit, always remember that, in tears or laughter, joy or sorrow, I have built for myself a shade in the presence of your Love.
Your text messages have always given me succor.

For as long as this goes on, I would fight tears back, and make efforts to be the man I promised you I'd become for you and the kids. I don't see another woman taking this.

@BIT, this period is truly tough and rough but one sure thing is, if I have feigned my love for you, let providence take you far from my reach.
I LOVE YOU,
IFEMI.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails